Background

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Purple-y Birthday Wishes


I'm going to apologize for the photo of this card.  It should be more crisp.  I snapped it quickly one Saturday morning last month before whisking it off for a lunch meeting to wish Brandy a very happy birthday.  I'd even forgot I had these photos until now!  

Those purple flowers are my first attempt at the Heartfelt Creations poppies dies.  I used a piece of light purple mulberry paper.  They were difficult to shape because the paper is so flimsy. However, I think they look rather realistic and they work so well with that patterned paper!  The butterflies are cut from coordinating patterned papers using my Prickly Pear Mini Butterflies dies.  A few metal keys (Brandy enjoys keys) and some heavy fibrous yarn for a bow and this card practically made itself.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge: Show Us Your Metal
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: Challenge 228/229 Anything Goes




5 comments:

  1. Purple is my favorite shade, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is absolutely beautiful!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour palette and your design is classy and chic. This card is a keepsake; frame-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour palette and such a pretty card! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, so elegant! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?