Background

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

City Crafter Challenge 298 - It All Began in Paris


Good morning!  I get the distinct pleasure of being the guest designer over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog for the entire month of February.  Last week's challenge was super fun and I'm excited to be a part of this week's challenge as well.  Hostess Kirsty picked this photo to inspire us:


The theme requires only that your project be inspired by the photo.  I knew immediately that is was going to use my KaiserCrafts Bonjour stamp set.  The stamp set comes with the rectangular frame which was stamped with Archival black ink onto white cardstock.  I then stamped the Eiffel tower in the frame using my Simon Says Stamp Smoke ink.  This created a distinct difference in the images which allows the impression of a light graphite drawing inspired by the image.  After that, it was a shop in the ScrapBox to find a monochromatic patterned paper for the background.  I love this light green color paired with the cream roses.  It's just perfect to me.

I've been playing with other color combinations in stamping the Eiffel Tower.  If I get a chance, I'll make them into cards this week and share the result.  Meanwhile, please stop on over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog and join the fun?

I'm also going to link up to Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #219 Anything Goes.



8 comments:

  1. Such a vintage and romantic look to your card. Great idea with the different ink colours, works beautifully x Elegant layout and gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning, thanks once again for your beautiful work this week Andie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Andie this is outstanding! I love the "old"and elegant look. You should frame this gem and proudly display this in your home. It's great to have you with us for the whole month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your card is gorgeous Andie ... So elegant and the little banner around the roses is a beautiful touch! As always it's a pleasure to have you with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has such a classically elegant look, yet that little 'hello' flag adds a touch of fun. Thank you for being our special Guest at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Andie! Hope this finds you well and having a great week.
    I absolutely LOVE your sweet project, and I couldn't be happier than to have you stop by and share your artistic talents with us. I'm so grateful to have you play along in our challenges. Please stop by again soon, and I will look forward to visiting your blog again to see your next work of art. You are always most welcome to join the fun!
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love how elegant that stamp is - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your guest designer post this month at City Crafter Challenge Andie! Lovely Paris cards, soft and elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?