Background

Friday, November 20, 2015

A Masculine Happy Birthday


Of course we always need to make those masculine cards.  Trouble is to get it right so that you aren't that weird, card making lady who sprinkles glitter on all the cards.  Watercoloring makes the job easier.  For this card I used one of the stamps from my Darkroom Door Trees.  I stamped the image in Vintage Photo Distress Inks and then sprinkled some red and orange Brushos onto the leaves.  Using a brush I added water to the Brushos and they covered the Distress ink completely.  I used my Distress marker (the fine tip) to bring back some of the branch definition that could still be seen.  Then it was the sky - watercolored with my Prima Oil Pastels.  Brandy bought me a set as a birthday present.  It was the best present in the whole world!  There are two different colors of blue in the sky which adds a lot of depth.  I scribbled the oil pastel onto a piece of palette paper and wet the media with water to bring it to the watercolor paper project.  For the ground, I drew on the watercolor paper directly with the brown oil pastel crayon and then filled in with three different colors of green oil pastel crayons.  I then used the brush with water to wet and create the watercolor look.

I finished the kraft cardstock card with some brown cardstock (ever do manly don't you think?) and a piece of rough fiber (manly?  too girly?  it is soft- maybe too much?).  All together I really like how this turned out.  If you haven't jumped into the watercoloring, I encourage you to try.  It isn't all the tough and the results are fantastic.  Have a wonderful rest of your day and thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

  1. Perfect masculine card, the fall colors with watercolors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is the ultimate masculine card; a handmade gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - wonderful masculine card and fabulously made! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?