Background

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Our Beautiful World - Challenge 106 Layers


The word prompt at Our Beautiful World this week is Layers.  There is some fabulous nature photography at their website this week.  Click the link and head on over, you'll be awed.

My first thought was the layers of color, emotion and energy at my son's high school graduation ceremony this May so I am sharing photos of that night with you.

First is the color of the festivities.  Blue and white gowns and balloons and the sea of colors in the stands all blur together in my memory.  I love these photos because they help me remmber in crisp tones the layers of color in that night.





Next is the layers of emotion that filled the event.  My own pride, joy and excitement was reflected in the faces of the graduates, in the flashing pictures from the stands and on my friends faces whose children have grown up alongside mine.  It is a layer of emotion that we should not quickly forget.





Finally, I will not forget the energy of the night.  It was a hot May evening in Chandler, Arizona and so you felt that slight pressure, but also the eagerness in the graduates and family attending.  My son rushed across the stage - in part due to the fact that over 700 students names were announced that night and because he's an introvert and wanted out of the spotlight!

Thanks for taking this stroll with me.  Come join the fun over at Our Beautiful World or at least stop by and see all the beautiful pictures by artists much more talented than I am.






7 comments:

  1. Brilliant photos!! Many congrats to your son! Thanks so much for sharing at OBW ... Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome, thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    I hope you'll come share your graduation photos at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/07/bug-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your son's graduation... and definitely there are layers upon layers in the blue and white garments worn by the young ladies and men! THanks for sharing with Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful interpretation of our prompt and congrats to your son, thank you for sharing with us at "OBW"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?