Background

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Bridal Shower Card


This card is proof that a well selected patterned paper coupled with some solid, standard dies can have a card just make itself.  I had been meaning to make a bridal shower card for a good friend's party and simply ran out of time.  I've been struggling with a few minor health issues which sidelined my creativity for a bit.  Coupled with the busyness of life and I suddenly arrived at the Saturday morning without having a card.  I'd been looking for an excuse to use my Papertrey Ink Circle Scribbles dies.  I've always thought these look like abstract roses so I paired them with this ancient Stampin' Up patterned paper set.

The circle scribbles are die cut from coordinating patterned paper from the set and simply glued onto the patterned paper.  I used my Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banners stamp and die to create the sentiment flag which I simply wet glues the ends down to create the height rather than foam squares.  The inside was a second piece of coordinating paper with a white rectangle punched with a corner punch and stamped with a Congratulations stamp in brown Archival Ink.

All in all, a very effective card.  I hope you enjoyed this quick card and that it inspires you to use up some of that patterned paper.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?