Background

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sympathy Card- They Keep Coming


I went back to my technique of die cutting smaller die cuts learned in my Stretch Your Dies online class.  I think the soft pink sets the right tone in this card made for a co-worker.  You can see the outline image a little better too.   I die cut Heartfelt Creations Butterfly Medley die using patterned paper.  I arranged the butterflies and some small white embossed flowers (made out of vellum) on my work surface to fill the flower shape I could cut.  I place transfer tape (sticky side covering the die cuts) over the die cuts and then cut my larger die.  The original shape of the larger die is a large flower- wavy in a symmetrical way.  After gluing down the image, I added some coral prills to the center of the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment in brown Archival Ink.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a lovey way to use up those scraps. Sorry not been by, suffering really bad headaches. Trying to catch up with some commenting with a thick head, is difficult and already done to many :-) Hope you are well, have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to say Hi :-) Hope you are OK and have a great rest of the week. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?