Background

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chalkboard Hymns- I'm telling you this was fun!


I picked up a couple of Our Daily Bread Designs Chalkboard Hymns stamps at the rubber stamp convention last fall.  I know- the same convention I worked last weekend!  Well, I think the return of the convention worked in my favor because I finally watched the video they have which discusses how to use these stamps and I decided to play around.






Once I got going, I just couldn't stop.  The added pieces are mostly cut using my Heartfelt Creations Arianna Lace die, Heartfelt Creations Posy stamp and die with a few of my Prickly Pear Mini Butterflies die cuts to add to the cards.  Strap in, it is going to be a picture heavy ride for a couple of minutes.  I ended up making about 18 of these beauties from various patterned papers in the stash- so old I can't even tell you when or where I got them.








Prickly Pear mini-butterflies.  I just love them!

So, I made so many of these cards trying to get the chalkboard technique down that I had to put some together in a card set to give as a gift.  I'm still working the design out, but will post that later when I got the project done and pictures made.



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - these turned out amazing! Fabulous fabulous fabulous! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?