Background

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Sudden Passing- the Memory of Great Hope

Ed, Dan and Katie (my son Tim took the picture)

It is with a heavy heart that I write to you this afternoon.  My husband, Dan, lost his loving father, Ed, last night.  It was sudden, though there had been health concerns over the past year.  Ed was the best dad a boy could ask for and he raised up a son who has decided to try to outdo him.  I cannot tell you how very glad I am that we enjoyed our part of Ed's 82 years of full life.

Ed is survived by his wife of 60 years, Pat, and their seven children.  We will grieve, but not as those without hope.  Instead, we will grieve as those who know Ed is now enjoying his rest with Jesus in heaven.  We grieve nonetheless.


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your FIL, big hugs to you, and you will be in my prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss, sending lots of hugs your way. You and your family are in my thoughts. Living on in your hearts are the memories of all that he shared in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?