Background

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wedding Favors



One of my co-workers decided to put together her wedding with less than 4 months planning.  She just isn't the type to get too worked up about planning.  When the inevitable questions about plans came up, she owned not having figured out what specifically to do about her wedding favors.  She had purchased some heart shaped measuring spoons and wanted to decorate them, but didn't have an idea what to do.  Andie to the rescue!

Her favorite flower was the calla lily.  I just happened to have seen instructions for making paper calla lilies from grunge paper over at Ink Stains  I used them in this project for a different co-worker several years ago.  Thus began the mass production.  I ended up cutting out over 120 of these flowers from grunge paper.  We painted and shaped them over the course of several lunch times- painting my desk in the process.  Easy enough to clean up with soap and water!  Here's the final result:






I ended up printing the sentiment out on the computer and cutting them with the Cricut using the centerpoint feature.  Layered onto blue hearts, I think the colors worked very well together, don't you?








The flower centers are cut using my Arianna Blooms die.  This little center is going to come in handy, I just know it!  In the end, the flowers were tucked inside the box with the measuring spoons.  Such an effective favor.  What a person owning a Scrapbox (and all the stuff inside it) can do on short notice for a coworker.





I'm praying the Mai and Chris enjoy a long and loving marriage.  I'm grateful to have been there at the start with a little "favored" push.  Congratulations to the bride and groom.

2 comments:

  1. Those calla lilies are beautiful and what a fabulous gift to treasure - kept you busy! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?