Background

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas Gifts


Sitting down to write this post for the second time.  Not sure where the previous post went to... the Internet neverland I'm guessing.  Still catching up on Christmas projects and thought I would share this project with you.  The Girl Scouts, my daughter being one, sell butter toffee peanuts each fall.  They make the perfect gift and I enjoy dressing the containers for Christmas gifts. I reached into the stash for this one.  The music patterned paper is from the leavings of my Christmas card this year.  I used a border die passed through the Grand Calibur twice to make the black pieces to cover the edges of the paper.


The brown circle on the top are a bunch of pattern papers cut for a Christmas card over 5 years ago.    I can't really explain why I kept 20 precut and ink edged circles, but I did and I found a good use for them.  The wreath is cut using my Papertrey Ink Rustic Wreath die.  The sentiment is stamped in black Archival Ink using my ODBD Christmas Mini stamp.  I finished the wreath with some holly berries using a Viva Deco Pearl Pen.    


We had the great fortune to be invited by good friends to the Desert Botantical Garden for the Lumenaria walk in December.  The weather was perfect- we needed to wear a heavy sweater and our cheeks got cold enough to enjoy a strong, hot cup of cocoa.  However, the weather was pleasant and the company stellar.  


The lights were particularly spectacular and wonderfully stuning.  We all had a good time, extending the wonder and splendor of the season one more evening.  I hope you all enjoyed your special times during the season and can look forward many more happy memories in 2015.


1 comment:

  1. What a stunning gift box, and thanks for sharing your wonderful trip to the desert botanic garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?