Background

Friday, October 17, 2014

Celebrating 90 Rich Years


I had previously mentioned that we took a trip up to Colorado to celebrate by grandfather, Bob's, 90th birthday.  It is such a rare and special thing to be in your mid-forties and still have active, engaged and independent grandparents.  My grandparents still live on their own, though there are some of us who wish they would allow more help with the daily maintenence in their lives.  Not going to complain though because my kids still have an active relationship with their great-grandparents.  Precious!

I made this card as invitations to the big shindig.  It needed to be simple because I had to make 30 of them.  Here's the details:


  • The patterned paper is from the stash.  I'm going to admit to having that stack of paper for more than a decade.  Long story short- a local manufacture went out of business and had a garage sale.  All you could stuff into one bag for a low price.  I stuffed shrinkwrapped stacks of 25 pieces of paper into that bag- I probably have the majority of it in the stash to this day.  What was I thinking?!!!?  More importantly, why keep it this long? 'Course there's a big part of me that says- just for such an occassion. I know, right?!  It's a sickness.
  • The cardstock is a mish-mash of scraps and cardstock from the stash.  Here's a tip- those scraps went further than I thought they would.  Other than the glue tape to put it all together, I made 30 cards for the cost of the pre-made card/envelope set (with a coupon $6).  Everything else came from the stash...  Not all yellows were the same card to card, etc.  But no one knows the difference because each person only gets one invitation.
  • The nine and zero were cut using one of my ancient Quickutz Sophie dies.
  • The sentiment was printed out on the computer and die cut with my Spellbinders Labels 17 dies.  I cut the dark blue carstock fram by die cutting the Labels 17 of the same size as the yellow cardstock and triming the last 1/2 inch.  
The inside was a Word file printout to provide the attendees the majority of the information needed to attend.  My grandmother was very pleased with the invitations.  It was truly my pleasure to make these and send them out.

I also made table decorations and I have pictures from the party to share. I need to upload and edit those photos and I'll make a post to show all the details.  I'm trying to get them together and a special post about my grandfather.  Hoping that happens this weekend... thanks for sticking with me.


2 comments:

  1. A fabulous invitation and wonderful colours. TFS and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?