Background

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Being Knighted and Earning It


Since knew my grandmother and grandfather would have a fair bit of gratitude from our very eventful weekend, I decided to use some of that paper from the stash and make a set of thank you cards.  These are simply made, but that doesn't diminish the feelings from the heart.  Here's the details:

  • The sentiment comes from a Close to My Heart stamp set from the stash and is stamped using their Moonstruck ink.

  • The frame is cut using my Spellbinders Labels 18 die. 
  • The inside is stamped with a Fiskars stamp set in both the CTMH Moonstruck and Buttercup inks.






How could you not feel an immense gratitude.  I can barely begin to count:

1. Grandparents
2. Family
3. Service
4. Recognition
5. Love

I could go on and on.  There's really no way to take it all in, just live it and give it out. I thought I'd share one last picture.  My grandfather's honor bestowed French "knighthood" on him.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sir Robert and Lady Burrows:


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card - love the papers. And wow - Lord and Lady Burrows! TFS and have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?