Background

Saturday, October 18, 2014

A 90th Birthday Party


I promised to get this post together and so here I am trying to get it done.  Remember that I told you I had a stack of that plaid patterned paper in the stash.  Here's one way to burn through about ten of them... flags for the table centerpieces.  Here's the details :

  • The nine and the zero were once again cut with my Quickutz Sophie dies, this time out of blue cardstock.
  • The frames were cut using my Spellbinders Labels 18 dies.  There is a solid cardstock on the back of each of these to add stability.
  • The sentiment was stamped with Close to My Heart Moonstruck ink.
  • The sticks are simply wooden skewers.  I placed a bit of hot glue on the stick and the cardstock and used foam squares to glue the patterned paper on. 
Here's what the table looked like:




I ended up printing photos of my grandpa throughout the years and die cutting them.  I glued them to the blue cardstock side and left the back plain patterned paper.  Three in a mason jar with some cellophane shred made a nice, small centerpiece so partygoers could talk over them. 



We sprinkled some confetti and peppermints around the table for additional effect. 












A few were also placed at the cake table and the buffet.  It was a good time had by all and I must say, simple enough to execute despite working full-time and from a long distance.  I purchased the jars on site the day before and had all the paper products shipped on site.  Easy, peasy.





This is my family that came.  My brother, his wife and two children are missing from this picture as they weren't able to make the trip.  My nephew, Jake, is standing in front of (left to right) my mom Sue, grandma Mabel, grandpa Bob, dad Roger, and sister Angela.  My family is in back with son Timothy, myself, husband Dan and daughter Katie  May God bless us with many more happy years together.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea and fabulous photos. Your Grandpa Bob looks amazing for 90! Have a great rest of the week and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?