Background

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Guest Crafting


Not that you need an explanation, but I've been duly distracted this past few weeks as I experienced a bit of life changes.  I left my job of 5 years and started a new job with a larger company in a very different environment and structure.  Interviewing is very challenging to the introvert spirit!   I am a relatively confident person and believe that I am a good and valuable employee.  However, selling myself is a tough job.

In the middle of all this change a very good sister in Christ, my co-worker Wendy, also lost her position at our old company.  Upheaval and change... not always easy.  During all this mess, Wendy made a trip (we live on opposite ends of the Phoenix valley) to my house for some craft time.  She is very artistic and one of the most talented hostesses (right up there with my friend Keri, she who is of the Bubble Guppies fame) I know.  However, paper crafting isn't somethig she does everyday.  I got out a plethora of die cuts and stamps and let her make these lovely creations. She took them home to use them.  


So pretty, yes!?!  Proof that pretty paper and some matching embellishments and a keen eye can result in beautiful cards even with small amounts of experience.  More importantly, these cards represent a time spent healing together.  Beautiful!

I'm going to try to catch up with posts. I've been creative if not sharing...


 

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Andie! So sorry you're going through so much and thank you for your condolences.

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and sorry to hear about Wendy's job loss too. It is so nice that you were able to spend some crafty time together though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see where you coming from because I am the same way too, never good at selling, especially talking about myself. Oh well, glad you have some fun crafting time with Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andie,
    I just started following your blog and added you to my circles. Would you please follow me back on my blog. It would be appreciated.! Love your work!
    Warmest regards,
    Diane
    babiesbridesandlavender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?