Background

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Deepest Condolences


It's never easy to make a sympathy card and I recently had cause to send my heartfelt condolences.  I created this using papers from MME's The Sweetest Thing Lavender paper pad.  The design was straightforward using Fired Brick Distress Ink to stamp my ODBD's Ornate frame and cut it out with the coordinating die.  The sentiment was stamped with the Fired Brick as well.  All papers were edged with Fired Brick using my Ink Blending Tool.  Some pearl accents finished the frame hopefully added a bit of elegance. 


I also did a bit of recycling, turning this store bought notecard front into a get well card for my grandma.  I stamped the Feel better frame and cut it using my ODBD Ornate borders and flowers set.  After trimming the used notecard, I adhered it to my card base and attached the new sentiment.  I'm noticing a smudged stamp job in this picture, but I swear to you I didn't notice this in the final product.  Maybe it wasn't as obvious.  I figured I'd share here so that you'd know I'm human and I mess up on occasion.  By the way, I know you know that about me already.  ;)

I've entered the first card in The Shabby Tea Room's Week # 208: Pretty Polka Dots.  The contributors over there create such beautiful works of art.  Go check them out and then join the fun.


4 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful! I love the different patterns you used on the first--looks a lot like a fabulous quilt! And the big colorful bloom on the second looks great on the cream and black polka dots! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I'd love for you to hop over to my blog (On a Stampage)--I have blog candy up for grabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathy cards are always the hardest to make, aren't they. Yours is stunning, love the monochromatic look and your fabulous choice of papers! Great reuse for the Get Well card too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?