I created another get well card for my grandma. She's got to be wondering what the fuss is all about considering how well the surgery went and how positive her healing is progressing. If she searched her mind and heart she'd know that I need little prodding to take time to craft. She's just been the narrow focus for a while.
Here's the details:
- The image was stamped onto watercolor paper using brown Archival Ink and colored with Distress Markers using the watercoloring technique- Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Weathered Wood, and Worn Lipstick.
- The patterned papers and the flower are all from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads. A gem accent was added to the paper flower to bling it up.
- The branches and leaves were cut from various dies, most notably my ODBD Fancy Foliage set. I actually had these on hand/leftover from various other projects.
- The organza ribbon is actually pink and I sponged it with some Ripe Persimmons Distress Ink to bring it closer to the color scheme.
- The sentiment was stamped and cut using my Heartfelt Creations Burnished Key stamp and die. I edged the frame with Ripe Persimmons Distress Ink to bring it more closely in line with the color scheme.
I'm linking this up with Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: D is for Distress because I used my Distress Markers to color the images and edge the paper pieces.