It seems that big birthday's always come together. This is the year that my grandfather celebrated 90 years and his daughter, my mom, celebrated 65 years. Momentous, milestone birthdays call for a fun, pretty card. This one is my tribute to my mom- delayed in the giving and, thus, in the posting of this picture. Here's the details:
- The patterned papers come from MME's Kaleidoscope. I used the background patterned paper, the frame piece and fussy cut the butterflies from a page. The border piece comes from a pre-cut page in the paper pad. Brilliant!
- The kraft glassine flowers were in the stash and I simplyshapped to add here. They work beautifully to blend the various colors in the background and the kraft sentiment.
- The greenery is die cut from green cardstock using my Our Daily Bread Designs Fancy Foliage.
- The sentiment is a wood stamp I've had for years stamped on frame from the pre-cut die page of the paper pad.
- A tiny 65 was die cut with my Quickutz dies- also from the stash and well used after a decade of ownership.
- No mom card is complete without a fair bit of pearl accents in the flowers and on the butterflies.
The inside begged for a bit of fancy sentiment cut using my Our Daily Bread Designs Elegant Ovals. The sentiment stamped in brown Archival Ink is from the Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banners Sentiments. Some more greenery and a butterfly and I think this card is ready for the big day.
My mom really enjoyed the card and her party. We're hoping for many more celebrations to come.