As a quick thank you gift to my Bible study leader, Carol, I whipped up this set of cards. The papers come from a trip to Hobby Lobby. I, once again, purchased several sheets of these 12 x 12 papers to use in Thanksgiving cards and ended up using a fraction of one sheet for all my Thanksgiving cards. I decided to use some (notice- still a fraction of what I purchased) of the leftovers for this card set. The details:
- All paper strips are edged in Vintage Photo
- Each chipboard embellishment is covered in Vintage Photo Distress Embossing powder. I knocked off the crystals exposing some raw chipboard underneath and applied Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the exposed areas with my Ink Blending Tool. These are glued with some Crystal Accents to the card face.
- The ribbon comes from a very old spool of satin ribbon in the stash. The bows were glued in place with some Crystal Accents.
- The Happy Birthday sentiment is from my recent Denami Designs purchase. The remaining sentiments were from my Heartfelt Expressions sentiment stamp set. All sentiments were stamped in brown Archival Ink.
- The cards were edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The inside was left blank so that a kind handwritten note could be added later.
The set was easy to put together, but resulted in some really cute cards. I was very pleased with the set and tied them up with the same brown ribbon to let Carol know how much I appreciated her guidance and teaching. Yes, the stash put to good use once more.
I've linked this set up with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Challenge with a Flourish and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #109: Anything Goes challenge. Come join the fun!